The fastest way to move to Canada as a permanent resident is via the new Express Entry system. The immigration management program is completed entirely online, and makes the Canadian immigration process extremely efficient for qualified candidates from across the world. Most Canada PR applications submitted under Express Entry will be processed in six months or less.
Express Entry Canada
In order for Canada to assess a potential immigrant’s eligibility for Express Entry, the program requires that applicants create an online profile containing all their credentials.
Once an Express Entry profile has been created for the candidate and he or she has been accepted in the program, the potential immigrant’s profile will be put into a pool with other candidates and potential employers and provincial nominee programs can then compare the different applications.
If an eligible employer or Canada PNP chooses a candidate from the Express Entry pool, he or she will then receive 600 CRS points for the enhanced provincial nomination or up to 200 points for the qualifying job offer. There are then official Express Entry draws where top candidates are given an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian residency.
In order to participate in the Canadian Express Entry immigration system, you must satisfy all the Express Entry criteria including the requirements of one or more of Canada’s economic immigration programs. If you do not meet the Express Entry requirements, you will not be accepted into the system’s pool of candidates.
How Do I Confirm a Provincial Nomination Within Express Entry?
If a province or territory has already nominated you under their Express Entry stream, you must add the nomination to your Express Entry account in order to receive the additional Canadian immigration points. To do so, follow these instructions.
Confirming a PNP nomination:
- Open your Express Entry profile
- Go to “application details” and then the “nomination and selection” section
- Where it asks if you have a Canada PNP Express Entry nomination, change your answer to “yes”
- Use the drop-down menu to choose the province or territory that has nominated you
- Submit your updated profile
- Contact the province directly, outside of Express Entry, and provide them with your Job Seeker Validation Code and Express Entry profile number
- The province will then use this information to confirm the Canada PNP nomination with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Once confirmed, you will receive a MyCIC message regarding the nomination.
- Click “accept” at the top, and you will be instantly awarded 600 Express Entry points on your CRS immigration score. You have 30 days to accept a PNP Canada nomination in Express Entry before it officially expires.
Once you have accepted the Canadian Province Nominee Program nomination, you will receive a confirmation letter in PDF format in your MyCIC account. A copy of your nomination certificate will also be mailed to you. Please be aware that provincial nominations obtained through the traditional paper-based process, called base nominations, cannot be processed through Express Entry.